In this how to video, you will learn how to make an RSS feed as an alarm clock. To do this, you can use the Microsoft speech program. Open the alarm batch file. Modify the Perl script so that it downloads the RSS feed from the Digg website. It will strip all the tags and html so only the text is left. From here, you run a script that converts the text to a wave file. From here, the alarm m3u will start. You can then run the command prompt to schedule the alarm time. Go to schedule tasks to activate the program. Once you are done, the alarm should play the song for 30 seconds and then announce the RSS feeds.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades