For the hefty price of $200 and up, you can be the proud owner of the world's first 3D printed bikini. And not just the first bikini, but reportedly the first functional and affordable item of ready-to-wear 3D printed clothing on the market. Created by Continuum Fashion, the N12 3D printed bikini is revolutionary because it addresses the technical challenge of creating flexible "textiles" with 3D printed material. The bikini is made of a material called Nylon 12, which is entirely waterproof.
Continuum Fashion's bikini is just one impressive example of 3D printing among a pool of countless others. 3D printing is one of the most magical technologies in the world today; dream something up, design it in CAD, press "print", and its virtual existence is brought to life before your very eyes. Okay, admittedly it's not quite as easy as simply pressing "print", but the technology is becoming more widely available, predominately thanks to sites like Shapeways.
Shapeways is a 3D printing community that offers the technology at a far cheaper price than the industry standard. Users can buy, make and sell 3D printed products. Before you head over to check it out, here's quick demo video of how the process works:
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades