In order to make a door alarm out of a mouse trap, you will need the following materials: a mouse trap, a clamp, 2 screws, caps, a piece of string, scissors, a screw driver, a drill bit, a hex-head screw, an a piece of aluminum from a soda pop can.
Drill a hole in the mousetrap at the point where the spring hits, when it snaps. Secure the striker with a clamp. Cut a piece of aluminum, and cut 2 slits in it. Remove the excess. It should look like a tiny T.
Make a hole in the aluminum for the screw. Fold both sides up. Screw the aluminum piece into the hole on your trap. Cut off 2-4 caps. Place the caps into the cap holder. Fold the aluminum over it.
Tie a trap string to the trap and connect it to the door. Make the string long enough to allow for your hand.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades