Shiny, pretty touchscreen vending machines have finally gone mainstream in Japan. My only question is... what's taken so long? The vending machine business can be quite lucrative (location, location, location), so all the more reason to make the interface as aesthetically appealing and user friendly as the iPhone AND as smart as a robot (read below).
Features (translation via YouTube):
- 5X more expensive than your standard vending machine.
- When you stand in front, it automatically distinguishes your sex and age from your face, and recommends a drink for you.
- In the video, the female reporter has tea chosen for her. When a business man comes, coffee is selected.
- Accuracy of age identification is 75%.
- The machine uses high speed internet "wimax" to display real time news and images. It also changes its design based on the season or weather.
Man, does Japan love their vending machines (see for yourself).
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.