All you need to remotely access your AppleTV library is your iPhone. Learn how to control Apple TV with your iPhone with this Howcast guide.
You Will Need
* An iPhone or iPod Touch with software version 2.0 or later
* Apple TV with software version 2.1 and infrared remote
* A wireless network
* A television
Step 1: Get the "Remote" app
Download and install the software for the "Remote" application on your iPhone.
Step 2: Pair Apple TV
Pair your iPhone to Apple TV. With your iPhone connected to the same Wi-Fi network as Apple TV, open Remote, select "Add Library," and retrieve your four-digit passcode.
*Tip: Confirm that your iPhone and Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network by checking their IP addresses under General Settings.
Step 3: Enter Apple TV passcode
Make sure your Apple TV is connected to a television. In General Settings select "Remotes" and click the tab that shows your iPhone. Then, enter your passcode using the infrared remote.
Step 4: Browse Apple TV library
Click "Done." Now you can access your Apple TV music and video library from anywhere in your home.
A typical TV viewer loses the remote control 3.4 times a week – spending over two minutes looking for it each time.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades